CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

Now that the vacation pictures are all successfully posted, I can rejoice and focus on the fact that autumn has arrived in Beaumont, AB. The leaves are turning color, and falling rapidly. Pumpkins are piled up in the grocery stores. Scarecrows are perched in gardens. We've had more than one hard frost, so most of the vegetable gardens and annual flowers have been removed. My freezer is full of good things we grew in our garden, and lots of applesauce and apple pie filling from our abundant apple trees. Turkeys everywhere are trembling. No, turkeys aren't that smart. Turkeys everywhere are happily eating, oblivious to the fact that their days are numbered! Autumn is my favorite season, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. All the good things about the holidays, and no crazy shopping! (Although I could not find any canned pumpkin when I went to get my groceries the other night, so maybe a little crazy shopping!) Here's wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday next weekend!

0 comments: